The application period for Council's 2018–19 Community Grants Program is now open until 4.00pm on Friday 8 June 2018. General information on the Community Grants Program, including Guidelines, is available below.
The Borough provides grants to community organisations that support community, art and cultural projects and activities that enhance the wellbeing and quality of life of residents living in the Borough of Queenscliffe.
The Borough of Queenscliffe Council provides grants of up to $2,000 for projects to provide vital community services and activities.
The grants program aims to assist local community groups and organisations to increase involvement and provide opportunities for Council and the community to work together. The Borough knows that groups often need support and annually makes a total of $20,000 in grant funding available through the Community Grants program.
The Borough of Queenscliffe Community Grants program is provided:
- To encourage and assist common interest groups to take an active involvement in the life of their community for the overall benefit of that community and its members
- To help communities to help themselves to become stronger and more economically, environmentally and socially sustainable
- To enhance leadership and other civic skills within communities to enhance the capacity of those communities to address local issues and challenges and to build vibrant, healthy places
- To develop a sense of community spirit, pride, ownership and identity within communities.
The grant guidelines and application forms can be downloaded from the links below. Copies are also available from the Borough of Queenscliffe Offices.
- Community Grants Program Guidelines
- Community Grants Program Application Form
Community Grants Program Application Form - Word version
The successful 2017–2018 Community Grants recipients were:
|Monday Mixed Craft Group||$1,000||Knitting for Queenscliff’s needy|
|Queenscliff Lighthouse Theatre Group||$1,800||Light mixer|
|Combined Probus Club of Queenscliffe Inc||$ 813||Projector and screen|
|Queenscliff Music Festival||$2,000||Park preliminary power upgrade works|
|Queenscliff Kindergarten||$2,827.30||Kinder Explorer’s Program equipment|
|Queenscliffe Historical Museum||$1,610||Upgrade of basement shelving and seating|
|Queenscliff / Point Lonsdale RSL||$2,000||ANZAC Day 2018 commemoration|
|Rip Chamber Incorporated||$2,000||Local shopping bags|
|Point Lonsdale Board Riders Club Inc||$1,807||Sound system for clubhouse|
|Point Lonsdale Primary School||$ 500||Netball uniforms|
|Lighthouse Arts Collective||$2,000||Sound and digital equipment|