Meet the locals
The unique heritage and coastal environment attracts both residents and visitors.
The permanent population is only 3,000 but this doesn't include the significant number of temporary residents who own property and either holiday or live part-time in the Borough.
Read about some of our locals and why they chose to live in the Borough of Queenscliffe:
Top things the locals love to do:
- Sit by the water and watch it all go by – yachts, big ships, ferries and more
- Coffee in a cosy cafe courtyard
- Pick up a bargain at a local market
- Explore the rock pools at low tide
- Wine and dine at one of the many historic hotels
- Attend a local event
- Walk along the beach promenade between Queenscliff and Point Lonsdale
- A day at the beach for a swim, surf, fish or whatever takes your fancy
- Check out the latest art exhibition
- Fish and chips at the beach.
For more information on what attracts people to the area, check out the For Visitors section of this website.