Point Lonsdale Lighthouse Tour
29 July 2018
This is one of the few manned lighthouses remaining in Australia and is well worth the effort to do the tour.
Tours of Point Lonsdale Lighthouse are conducted by Queenscliffe Maritime Museum under an arrangement with the Port of Melbourne Corporation which controls the lighthouse. Access to Point Lonsdale Lighthouse is by these pre-booked guided tours only. All tours take approximately half an hour.
Safety is important whilst visiting the Lighthouse.
The lighthouse tower has very steep, narrow and winding stairs and some spaces are confined and have limited headroom. The carrying of babies or toddlers is not possible. Young children, the elderly and people with a disability may have difficulty in taking the tour.
- a reasonable level of fitness is required to climb the steep stairs inside the tower
- people with pacemakers are not permitted
- appropriate footwear is essential - no thongs, slip-on shoes, crocs or high heels
- children must be at least 5 years old and a minimum of 95cm tall
- a limit of 8 people per group applies.
Queenscliffe Maritime Museum
Telephone: 03 5258 3440 Venue: Point Lonsdale Lighthouse Address: Point Lonsdale Road, Point Lonsdale
03 5258 3440
Point Lonsdale Lighthouse
Point Lonsdale Road, Point Lonsdale