Cycling for all levels
Whether you're a fitness enthusiast or novice rider with training wheels, there is a bicycle ride to suit you.
A well-graded 6 km track links Queenscliff and Point Lonsdale, taking in highlights such as Swan Bay; the distinctive Marine and Freshwater Discovery Centre, with its unique grass covered roof; the shoreline of Port Phillip Bay, with views across the Heads to Point Nepean; and the Point Lonsdale Lighthouse. If you need a break along the way, stop for refreshments at the Point Lonsdale shopping strip.
If you feel like making a day of it, safe bike paths extend beyond the borders of the Borough to rolling hills of the Bellarine Peninsula. The Bellarine Rail Trail links Queenscliff with Geelong, taking you through farmlands and nearby wineries.
For really keen cyclists, a ride around the Bay in a day is possible – the Bellarine and Mornington Peninsulas are linked via the Queenscliff to Sorrento Ferry and an excellent rail service.
Top tips for cycling around Queenscliff and Point Lonsdale
- Ride the 6 km from Queenscliff to Point Lonsdale via the paths and promenade, and enjoy a coffee at the other end
- Explore the Bellarine Rail Trail. The 34 km ride takes you via the old railway line into Geelong
- For a more relaxed experience, put the bike on the Bellarine Train to Drysdale and return via the Bellarine Rail Trail and a comfortable 17 km ride, mostly downhill!
- Take your bike across to Sorrento on the ferry and explore Point Nepean.
You can hire a bike from BIG4 Beacon Resort 78 Bellarine highway Queenscliff 03 5258 1133.
Visitor information centre
- 03 5258 4843
- 1300 884 843
- 55 Hesse Street, Queenscliff
- Open 9am – 5pm every day except Christmas Day