Visitor Information Centre
Queenscliffe Visitor Information Centre
The accredited Queenscliffe Visitor Information Centre is centrally located in Queenscliff’s main shopping precinct and is open seven days a week (closed Christmas Day).
We provide our visitors with local information on attractions and things to see and do, together with hints and tips on how you can get the most from your stay in our region.
Ask about our accommodation referral service. With our local knowledge we can locate just the right place for you to stay.
The Visitor Information Centre staff can also personalise tours and itineraries suited to your taste, budget and time. And they can head you in the right direction for commercial tour operators.
Our range of gifts and souvenirs is ever increasing and all at reasonable prices, so you can purchase a memento of your visit to Queenscliffe.
Free Wi-Fi is also available.
Top tips from the volunteers at the Visitor Information Centre
In an hour or so
- Climb the Observation Tower at Queenscliff Harbour
- Walk along the Queenscliff pier
- Check out the Arts Trail – particularly the boards at the top of Thwaites Walk
- Heritage Walk (self-guided) along Hesse Street
- Have a drink at the Vue Grand Hotel
- Watch ships from the lookout and enjoy a snack at the Ocean View Kiosk.
In half a day
- Tour the Fort Queenscliff, Maritime and Historical Museums
- Visit the Marine and Freshwater Discovery Centre
- Enjoy morning or afternoon tea at one of the many historic hotels
- Walk to Point Lonsdale via the beach and promenade
- Discover the new Queenscliff Harbour
- Get some retail therapy in Hesse Street.
- Explore the rock pools at low tide
- Take the kids to the Village Playground at the front beach
- Watch the ships enter and leave the heads at the Rip View Lookout
- Discover Buckley’s Cave and explore the William Buckley Trail
- Relax at a Point Lonsdale café; enjoy the coffee and views.
Visitor information centre
- 03 5258 4843
- 1300 884 843
- 55 Hesse Street, Queenscliff
- Open 9am – 5pm every day except Christmas Day