Planning Scheme amendments
The following amendments have been made to the Queenscliffe Planning Scheme.
Amendment c27 - Planning Scheme Review
The Queenscliffe Borough Council has prepared Amendment C27 to the Queenscliffe Planning Scheme.
The land affected by the Amendment is all of the land within the Borough.
The Amendment proposes to implement a comprehensive review of the Queenscliffe Planning Scheme. The Queenscliffe Planning Scheme Review, Analysis and Recommendations for Community Consultation, April 2014 (‘the Review Report’) has been prepared to meet Council’s obligations under section 12B of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (‘the Act’). Specifically, the Amendment proposes to:
• Replace Clauses 21.01, 21.02, 21.03, 21.04, 21.05 and 2.06 of the Municipal Strategic Statement (MSS) with new Clauses 21.01, 21.02, 21.03, 21.04, 21.05 and 21.06;
• Insert new Clauses 21.07 and 21.08;
• Amend Clauses 22.01, 22.02 and 22.03 of the Local Planning Policies;
• Delete Clause 22.04 of the Local Planning Policies;
• Amend Schedule 1 to the Environmental Significance Overlay (Coastal And Foreshore Areas);
• Amend Schedule 2 to the Environmental Significance Overlay (Swan Bay And Marine And Terrestrial Habitats);
• Amend Schedule 1 to the Vegetation Protection Overlay (Remnant and Vegetation Protection Area);
• Delete Schedule 2 to the Vegetation Protection Overlay (Tea Tree, Moonah, Coastal Heath and Native Vegetation Protection Area);
• Amend Schedule 1 to the Significant Landscape Overlay (Swan Bay Landscape Area);
• Amend Schedule 2 to the Significant Landscape Overlay (Point Lonsdale Lookout & Queenscliff Lighthouse / Ocean View Car Park);
• Amend Schedule 3 to the Significant Landscape Overlay (The Narrows); and
• Amend Schedule 3 to the Design and Development Overlay (Foreshore Areas)
The closing date for submissions has now passed.
Submissions were considered at the Ordinary Meeting of Council on 24 August 2016. Council resolved to request the appointment of an Independent Panel under Part 8 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987, to refer all submissions to the Panel, to make a number of formatting and grammatical corrections to Amendment C27 and to submit to the Panel the response to submissions.
The Panel Hearing was conducted on 14 November 2016. Planning Panels has released its Panel Report pursuant to section 25 of the Planning and Environment Act.
You may inspect the Amendment, any documents that support the Amendment, the Explanatory Report about the Amendment, and the Panel Report free of charge at the Council office, or download the Panel Report here.
Queenscliff Ferry Terminal Upgrade – Amendment c23
The amendment applies to:
- Allotment 7, Section 6A, Township of Queenscliff (Crown Land)
- Allotment 7D, Section 6A, Township of Queenscliff (Crown Land)
- Wharf Street East
- Allotment 1B2, Section 2B, Parish of Paywitt (Crown Land)
The amendment incorporates the Queenscliff Ferry Terminal Implementation Plan into Clause 81.01 and the Queenscliff Ferry Terminal Native Vegetation Precinct Plan into Clause 52.16 and Clause 81.01. The plans provide for improvements to the Queenscliff Ferry Terminal in terms of pedestrian access, vehicular access and circulation, passenger drop-off, vehicle parking, signage, passenger terminal and security.
The amendment re-zones:
- Land from Public Park and Recreation Zone (PPRZ) and Special Use Zone 1 (SUZ1) to Road Zone 1 (RDZ1). The land is located to the north and south of the existing RDZ1
- Land and waters within the Peninsula Searoad Transport lease boundary from Special Use Zone 1 (SUZ1) to Special Use Zone 3 (SUZ3)
- Land to the west of the existing Peninsula Searoad Transport lease boundary from Public Conservation and Resource Zone (PCRZ) and Public Park and Recreation Zone (PPRZ) to Special Use Zone 3 (SUZ3), reflecting the future Peninsula Searoad Transport lease boundary for the Queenscliff Ferry Terminal.
Amendment c24 – Correction of Heritage Overlay mapping anomalies
This was a correctional amendment to update the existing Heritage Overlay Maps to include properties that are individually listed within the existing schedule to the Heritage Overlay, but are not currently shown on the overlay maps.
Reformed Residential Zones - Amendment C26
The Victorian Government's residential zone reforms have recently been implemented in the Borough of Queenscliffe. The reformed residential zones apply across the municipality recognising the five identified urban character areas and the housing/urban character policies and strategies in the Queenscliffe Planning Scheme.
The Neighbourhood Residential Zone and schedules now apply to land which was previously zoned Residential 1 in the Queenscliff Heritage Area, the Queenscliff Contributory Area and the Foreshore Areas.
The General Residential Zone and schedule now applies to the land which was previously zoned Residential 1 in the Point Lonsdale Natural Coastal Area and Point Lonsdale Contributory Area.
The planning scheme amendment to introduce the new zones to the Queenscliffe Planning Scheme was gazetted on 19 June 2014
For further information regarding planning scheme amendments please contact Council's Town Planning Team
on 03 5258 1377.