National Recycling Week
National Recycling Week runs from Monday 13 November to Sunday 19 November 2017.
Council hosts a collection event during National Recycling Week so that residents can dispose of unwanted goods as follows:
- When: 9.00am to 4.00pm, Monday 13 to Friday 17 November 2017
Where: Queenscliff Town Hall, 50 Learmonth Street, Queenscliff
- Polystyrene packaging (non-commercial quantities)
- Mobile phones, batteries and chargers
- Fluorescent light tubes and compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
- Household batteries – sizes AAA, AA, C, D, 6 volt, 9 volt and button.
These items cannot be recycled through your kerbside recycling bin.
To clarify items that will be accepted please contact Council's Sustainability Officer on 5258 1377.
About National Recycling Week
Since 1996 National Recycling Week has been encouraging us all to focus on the environmental benefits of recycling.
National Recycling Week was started by Planet Ark as a way of promoting kerbside, industrial and community recycling initiatives and giving people the tools to minimise waste at home, work and school.