Exploring the Bellarine Peninsula and beyond
There is so much to discover here during your stay. Fine food and wine, seaside villages and natural attractions are complemented by a great choice of recreational and sporting pastimes within easy reach – walking and cycling trails, golf, tennis, cricket, horse riding and water sports to name just a few. And, of course, there is a great choice of restaurants, cafes, pubs and shops, all just a short distance away.
- Experience the multitude of rides, games and fun at Adventure Park, Wallington
- Test your skills at the Adventure Golf
- Get lost at the maze
- Take a joy flight or, for the brave, skydive from a plane
- Take a winery tour
- Visit gourmet farm gates and beautiful wineries
- Learn to 'paddle board'
- Visit the Miniature Railway with the young and the young at heart
- Take a surfing lesson
- Indulge at one of the day spas
- Pick your own berries.
Great Ocean Road
It's 300km from Queenscliff to Warrnambool along the Great Ocean Road. Driving time is about 5½ hours but ideally you need to allow at least two days to see all of the attractions along the way.
- Mouth of the Barwon River at Barwon Heads
- Surfworld Surfing Museum, Torquay
- Bells Beach
- Memorial Arch and Bronze Statue at Eastern View
- Erskine Falls, Lorne
- Koalas along Grey River Road, Kennett River
- Maits Rest boardwalk near Apollo Bay
- Cape Otway Lightstation
- Otway Fly Tree Top Walk near Lavers Hill
- Twelve Apostles.
For the return trip, travel inland on the Princes Highway through lush, undulating farmlands and the crater lands region, cutting travel time by one to two hours.
Queenscliff to Phillip Island
Experience the car ferry ride from Queenscliff to Sorrento, a 40-minute trip, before you make your way down to Phillip Island.
- Millionaires' mansions at Portsea, visible from the ferry
- Seaside resort of Sorrento
- Mornington Peninsula Hot Springs, Rye
- Arthur's Seat lookout
- Tyabb Packing House antique centre
- French Island State Park, accessed via passenger ferry from Stony Point or Cowes
- Penguins at Phillip Island.
Ask the friendly staff at the Visitor Information Centre for a specific recommendation to suit your interests.
Visitor information centre
- 03 5258 4843
- 1300 884 843
- 55 Hesse Street, Queenscliff
- Open 9am – 5pm every day except Christmas Day